Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/4/14 ~ 3/11/14

Ok I just realized that the iPad only sent half the email. Ugh!

Ok here is the jist of the other half.

We had our nine week check up this past week. We talked about a lot of
stuff. But I'll just talk about prayer. So how often do we say "bless
this, bless that this will happen, etc"
Ok so think of it like this. You get invited to a birthday party. You
go. And the kid whose birthday it is isn't there. Or worse, he forgot.
How awkward would that be?!
So we talked about how we need to be an active part of our prayers, or
in other words , invite ourselves to our own birthday party. God helps
those who help themselves. That phrase keeps running over in my head.
I've been told so many times to invite the Godhead into the work. But
if we don't invite ourselves that's like planning your own birthday
party and not showing up.

There was more in the original email, but this dang iPad is a struggle
sometimes. I apologize for how rough this email is!
But I'm learning, a lot. And it's the hardest thing I have ever done.
I don't know how many times I've said that, or how many more times I
will, and I'm not even 1/8 done. Hahaha!

Until next week!
-Elder Wong
ps. I really do feel so bad about this email glitching, but what can you do!

(This was the other half of the email and idk where to put it- kiana)

Let me just say being trained is weird. Because you come from 19 years
 of acting to your own accord and knowing pretty much what you're doing
 to being put together with someone you don't know for three months.
 And they're basically the boss of you. What is life. I can try to
 explain, but I wouldn't do it justice, especially my training
 situation. It has been such a change for me, let me just tell you
 that. And I'll just leave it at that.
So this week Elder Spencer was sick. That, combined with the monsoon
 type rain that we've been getting, has pretty much put an immediate
 halt on the work out here. Here is a picture of life as we were driving to do street contacting:
                                                         Selfie with Elder Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment