Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/16/14 ~ 2/23/14 2 MONTHS OUT!

Well today marks 2 months since I stepped into the MTC! Crazy right?

I really struggled in what to say in this letter because again, not much is happening. And it's kind of discouraging. I just had this really outlandish expectation that it would just be a perfect mission. I would have people to teach, everyone would be nice, and it would just be so great.. And to be honest, none of those things have happened.

So right after my letter last week, we went street contacting. Can I just say how much I love street contacting and tracting? Call me crazy, but I do. Anyway, the first guy I talked to was like " Yeah! I'm interested! Stop by sometime." We set up an appointment. Ok flash forward a few days and the address does not exist.

Ok.

Also. The other day we are just talking around, and some guy made it a point to cross the street, hunt us down, and bash us. And then that happened again some guy was just like " REPENT. YOU'RE GOING TO HELL. YOU ARE A FALSE PROPHET." 

Rude.

I don't know. I just think it's crazy that people are going out of their way to tell a nice guy, (I'm pretty sure I'm a nice guy), like me stuff like that.. EVERY DAY.

I definitely know it's Satan being like " Okay I need to entertain myself, let's go mess with Elder Wong and see if we can make him have a bad day."

Don't get me wrong, there have been a few great experiences this week. But the bad things really just stick out to me. Okay onto the good stuff.

So a few weeks ago we had a lesson with someone, they didn't show up of course, we had a member with us and they said "Hey let's go visit this one less active family." So we go.

We walk into the home and the needs are very apparent. I won't go into tons of detail, but I definitely felt overwhelmed and under qualified. Here I was, 19 at the time, and this woman was telling me EVERYTHING. I seriously was just like okay what have I gotten myself into.

We've had a few meetings since, and she is doing a lot better. But in our latest meeting I was overcome with thoughts. Thoughts and impressions that I know that Heavenly Father is SO incredibly aware of us, and each of the struggles we all face. He never forgets us, we may only forget Him. And that the Atonement is so real. And I am so thankful for it in my life.

I know that God knows I'm kind of struggling right now. And I can't help but wonder " Okay why? " There is so much about my life right now that is unknown.

Some things that are known? God lives. He loves us. He sent His son, Jesus Christ, for US. For all of us. For all of us in our weakness, in our pain, in our grief, and in our sin. He's there for us all the time. And that. That is pretty cool. 

So I know that Heavenly Father is giving me these experiences, or what seems like lack of experiences, for a reason. For what reason? I have no idea. But I know that it's preparing me for something. (Hopefully a biblical flood of investigators.. Just kidding. Only kind of.) I don't know what that something is, or when it's coming. but I am excited for it. And I have faith that I am being prepared and qualified for it now.

Until next week!
Love, 
Elder Westin Wong

Ok picture time

There is a place called boston donuts on imperial and idaho. and I love it. They sell the best apple fritters for 85 cents. I love them. I have dubbed Fridays "Fritter Fridays." 
Okay here is a picture of me with an apple fritter. I usually only get one. One day I got an apple fritter, maple bar, and bavarian creme in a shape of a heart. I ate them all in like 5 minutes. Yes I regret it. But I still look forward to fritter friday this friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment