Tuesday, February 18, 2014

2/8/14 ~ 2/15/14

SO I'M HALFWAY DONE WITH MY TRAINING!
Time has just flown by, and I can't believe I've already been out 6 weeks? That's crazy!

We're really working hard at finding, but no one is ready to hear our message yet. I've come to terms with the idea that I am just out here planting seeds for missionaries that will come later will harvest.

My birthday was this past week! It was a really special birthday. We had zone training, basically a long meeting with the zone. We went to 5 guys for my birthday lunch. And we had dinner with my favorite family in the ward! Not to mention the birthday package from home, (Thanks mom!!)

Transfers: So after the initial round of calls from on saturday night, it looked like we would have the same elders in our district. However, on Sunday afternoon Elder Uchida got a call from the AP's saying they made a mistake, and that he was getting transferred to Anaheim, which is on the other side of the mission from where we are. I was definitely sad to see him go! But glad that we will be able to see each other occasionally. Sister Contravo also got transfered from our ward, to a ward in Yorba Linda california, and then we got Sister Sowards in our ward, and Elder Komura took Uchida's spot. Not a whole lot of changes, but it's definitely good to have a little bit of change!

Now on to some spiritual stuff.
I was thinking a lot about Christ's love for us this past week. And it totally fits because Valentines Day is this week.
 Christ knew each of us, and knew each of our short comings and imperfections, and STILL loves us. How awesome is that? 
John 13:34 says "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."
So I invite you to really look at those who you may have a hard time loving right now. Maybe it's a co worker, a sibling, a friend, or even a companion, and think of Christ's perfect love for you, and how you can show that same kind of love to them.

As always, I love you all. thank you for all the letters, support, and prayers.
They really keep me going! Have an awesome week!

Love,
Elder Wong

Look who I found at transfer meeting! Elder Christensen from the MTC! It was so good to see him!
A picture of the missionaries of the North Hills ward! 
Me, Sister Hoffman, Sister Contravo, and Elder Spencer.


No comments:

Post a Comment