Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1/23/14 ~ 1/30/14

Hey everyone!
I hope you all have been doing fantastic. It's crazy how time flies. Here I am going into week 5! I can't even believe it. A few more weeks and my training will be half over!
So this week has still been really slow. I think Heavenly Father is really trying to teach me how to just accept things that are out of my control, because it seems like everything is out of my control. The 1 investigator that is still hanging on to us is having a ton of health problems. He had pneumonia in both lungs twice and has like 4 blood clots. He has been canceling our appointments, I don't blame him. He is in my prayers all the time, and I would appreciate it if he was in all of yours as well.
Elder Spencer is sick. He's been sick for about 2 weeks, and the virus that has been going around the area lasts for 4 weeks. He is like a zombie sometimes, and needs a lot of sleep. So that has caused us to not be a busy as I would like to be. Please keep Elder Spencer and his health in your prayers!
And that's it. There is not much to report. I am just really praying that things will get a lot better. I am still so excited to be out here and to be working. But I haven't had much of an opportunity to work and teach.
With all the down time I have had with Elder Spencer being sick, I have slowly made my way through all the movies the church allows missionaries to watch. (The Restoration, Legacy, The Testaments, etc.) They're awesome, and I'd definitely recommend watching them. But one thing that really stuck out to me was this quote from Jospeh Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. "The Lord calls us in our weakness, and will qualify us to do His work." I know that to be true. As much as I would like to think I know what I'm doing, I don't. That's why I'm being trained. I know that as I continue to strive to do my very best with these 2 short years that I've been given.
The longer I am out here, the more I am realizing how in control Heavenly Father is over everything, and how little, if any, control we have. I do need to do a better job at trusting in Him, and His plans for me. Sure I can make a list of everything I want to do and accomplish, but if it's not on His list, then I don't think it's happening. The phrase "align our will with His" keeps coming to mind. And I know that to be true. He knows everything that is going to happen. Why don't we trust in that a little more?
One thing that I am looking forward to is my birthday! I am seriously so stoked. A few people have asked me what I want for my birthday. All I could hope for is for the work in my area to pick up. But seeing that you all can't have a direct hand in that happening, a letter would be wonderful! Getting mail is the best thing, and my birthday falls on a day when we get mail, so if you can make it happen, that would be awesome!
And with that, I will talk to you all again soon! I love you all, thank you for the positive influence you have had on me and my life.
Love,
Elder Westin Wong
Photos:
Surprise surprise. Most of them are about food. I'm constantly hungry and tired on my mission. So food is very important.
Okay a member one night canceled dinner. So I had to fend for my self, and all of my favorite foods from the grocery store were gone. (We didn't have a chance to go food shopping this past week) So I made this weird mashed potato thing, with 2 fried eggs, corn chips, some lunch meat, and carrots that are hot tubbing. The more I think about it, the more comical it is.
It was Sister Tanuvasa's birthday this week! So we went to Niko Niko Sushi for lunch to celebrate! It was super good.
That last one is a picture of me, Elder Uchida, Sister Tanuvasa, and Sister Montgomery at the fullerton public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment